Who do you think Shelbourne is? Take a guess and win…Alex O’Loughlin

January 11th, 2012 by

Not much is known about Shelbourne other than the fact that Jack McGarrett, Wo Fat and Joe White all knew who he is, but Wo Fat is deathly afraid of him.  On top of that, Wo Fat is leaving a trail of bodies behind him on his mission to find him.

So who do you think he is?  Well, I’m making this a contest!

All you need to do is complete this phrase:

I think ______ is Shelbourne because __________.  And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

Enter your guess as a COMMENT in the section below.  I will choose the most creative and witty comment as the winner after the airing of the January 16th episode, midnight, Hawaii time.  By then, Peter and crew will have revealed to us who Shelbourne really is!

The lucky winner will receive Alex O’Loughlin!   In print, that is.  Through the generous donation of Undercover Special Agent @JessTheReader from the Land Down Under, we are able to offer you a brand new copy of the Australian GQ magazine with Alex O’Loughlin on the cover!  Yes, your very own copy and photospread of Alex is yours to enjoy when you’re not sitting at the computer oogling the other thousand pics of Alex you already downloaded.

Alex O'Loughlin looking dapper in a tux on the cover of GQ.

Alex O'Loughlin looking dapper in a tux on the cover of GQ. Photo: Dusan Reljin for GQ Australia

So who do you think Shelbourne is?  Jack?  His mom?  Mary Ann?  Howlie the Dog? Something more sinister?  Take a guess!  But please, this post is dedicated to the contest and  I will be writing another post on Shelbourne speculation for all comments.  So keep all comments on this post related to the above entry.  I’ll have to delete any extraneous comments.

Update:  We appreciate all of your enthusiasm for theories on Shelbourne!  But this post is an exercise in creativity.  I will post another article on Shelbourne’s identity in a few days in which any and all theories are welcome.   If your post has disappeared or has not been approved for moderation, it was not valid for this contest, and probably best suited for my next blog post.  Terry and I wanted everyone to know the following guidelines.

Re-iteration of contest rules
1. THE ONLY ONE WAY TO ENTER THE CONTEST TO WIN THE GQ AUSTRALIA WITH ALEX O’LOUGHLIN ON THE COVER IS TO REPLY TO THE BLOG POST. This is a TWO-PART question and in order to qualify, you must tell us who/what you think Shelburne is AND why.
2. BE CREATIVE! In order to win, you must make Officer808 laugh.

And some other fine print:

Winner must be 18 years or older.  No limitation on the amount of entries.  No limitation on the winner’s location.

205 Responses to “Who do you think Shelbourne is? Take a guess and win…Alex O’Loughlin”

1. avatar officer808 says:

I think a super cream filled malasada is Shelbourne because it’s filled with twice the caloric content. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

2. avatar five0phan says:

I think Doris McGarrett is Shelbourne because it would be a brilliant writing twist and throw Steve off the “cliff”. And that’s why Wo-Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

ps. if i win you may donate alex to a lucky female winner.

3. avatar Katelyn says:

I think Shelbourne may be Wo Fat’s father because who wouldn’t be scared of Wo Fat’s father? And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

4. avatar Domi says:

I think Shelbourne is mother of Steve, Doris McGarrett and Joe protects her and Steve cuz he’s a real father of Steve lol :)

Btw it’s John McGarrett not Jack lol :)

5. avatar Mariqco says:

no one
    ghost in the wind

• avatar officer808 says:

Ooo. Clever. Let me rewrite that one for you to make it official.

I think no one is Shelbourne because it’s just a ghost in the wind. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

6. avatar H50Ambassador-Julie says:

I think Joe White is Shelbourne because he is a super ninja warrior friend of Steve’s dad…the only one still alive. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

7. avatar ntinos says:

I THINK his father Steve IS SHELBOURNE
    BECAUSE alive and not dead. AND THAT’S WHY
    WO FAT IS AFRAID OF SHELBOURNE.

8. avatar Stephani says:

I think Hiro Noshimori is Shelbourne because why would it be made to look like he was dead. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

9. avatar carolyn says:

I think Shelbourne is the former governor. She not really dead. She faked her death.

10. avatar Deejay Dee says:

I’m hoping fervently that it’s Bori Weston, so they can kill her off and we don’t have to suffer through her insipid waste of airtime anymore. *nods encouragingly*

11. avatar Renata Ferula says:

I think Steve McGarrett is Shelbourne beacouse he’s the brother of Wo Fat

12. avatar mickmcgarrett says:

I think Officer 808 is Shelbourne because he lives in an underground bunker and has spies everywhere. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

13. avatar lahagela says:

Mama McG…….and Woooo Fat is a scared cos she was Daddy Woooo fats luva and she knows the secret ingredient. And that’s why Wo Fat is scared of Shelbourne.

14. avatar Joanna says:

I think Shelbourne is actually Steve McGarrett himself because all Wo-Fat knows is that Shelbourne is someone formidable and someone to fear, and Steve’s father knew that Steve would be so because Joe trained Steve to be.

15. avatar maggs says:

peter lenkov mentioned there was a clue to the identity of shellbourne in the champ box ?? i think its a new character from japan ???

16. avatar Henry says:

I think Wo Fat’s mom is Shelbourne because Wo Fat goes holoholo all ovah da world an leevs her at home. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

17. avatar Caroline loves McGarrett says:

I think the six fingered man is Shelbourne because he is an evil daddy killer and that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.
    “My name is Indigo Montoya (Wo Fat’s alias) You killed my father, prepare to die!”

18. avatar pinkiepie230 says:

I think John McGarrett is Shelbourne because he knows that WoFat is spying on Yazuka for China & the USA, which will end up getting WoFat killed for being a double agent by the CIA. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

I think Shelbourne is Steve’s mom because she did not die in the car explosion but she was hidden and kidnapped somewhere and Hiro Noshimuri knows where she is, her husband found out and that is why Steve dad asked Wo Fat about her in the video audio, Shelbourne may know a lot of information against Wo fat, since maybe Steve mom’s was an undercover agent and that is why Wo fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

20. avatar mickmcgarrett says:

I think Peter Lenkov is Shelbourne because he can kill off WoFat w/ the stroke of his pen. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne

21. avatar malachow says:

I think Makoto is Shelbourne because if you look at the facts youll know. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

22. avatar Dee- hedwig says:

I think Lori is Shelbourne because she can get all “commando wielding rocket launcher gal” and yet at the same time make Sandra Deelook hotter than Olivia Newton-John ever could.And that is why WOFat is afraid of Shelburne.

23. avatar Kim Millar says:

I think Makoto is Shelbourne because he initially hired John McGarrett to investigate. I think Joe has hidden Makoto and Hiro and faked their deaths to protect the knowledge that they have about Wo Fat and that is why Wofat is afraid of Shelbourn.

24. avatar Rasha Hassanien says:

I think Steve Mother is Shelbourne because it seems that Joe ” who’s an old friend of Steve’s Dad” it trying so hard to protect steve and his family as he promised his dad he will, and it wld b such a surprise that she’s not dead, that his father faked her death to protect her as she witnessed something regarding Wo Fat that may put him in jail for life!!

25. avatar Mike Cohen says:

I believe the Tom Sizemore character is Shelburne

26. avatar Diana says:

I think it’s Steve’s Mother too. I think she faked her death with the help of Joe…who seems to be the go to man for that sort of thing. Not sure why…and not sure if Steve’s Dad knew or not. It was interesting he had the police pictures of her car bombing…that might mean he wasn’t a part of faking her death but was getting close to figuring out the secret. Which also might be the reason he was killed.

27. avatar Diahann says:

I think steve’s dad is Shelbourne because he’s the only one we’ve seen so far that has been a thorn in Wo Fat’s side. He probably faked his death so Wo Fat would not be looking for him and he could continue finding dirt on Wo Fat. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

28. avatar Tesse23 says:

I think Steve’s Mom is Shelbourne because…

she somehow has evidence about Wo Fat that could incriminate him, so Wo Fat tried to have her killed, but the car bomb failed and she’s in Witness Protection, and that’s why Joe helped to fake Hiro N’s death (as he knew), and it’s what triggered John M’s investigation into the Gov. Jameson and Wo Fat.

And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

29. avatar Julia says:

I think Janice Dickinson is Shelbourne b/c everyone is scared of her, including Wo Fat!! But seriously, it could be a higher up in the Yakuza – I can’t imagine anyone else scaring that creep!? Love ya Alex!! :-)

30. avatar Andrea Garcia says:

I think McGarrett’s mother is Shelbourne because The bomb attack was for her, and not for McGarrett’s father as they say.
    In addition was perfect for faking his death, and also explain why McGarrett’s father asks Wo-Fat for Shelbourne in the video because he cares what you know about it. I think McGarrett’s mother was an agent who was investigating Wo-Fat and found something incriminating on him. And that’s why Wo-Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

31. avatar Erin says:

I think Steve’s mom is Shelbourne becaue she found out something about Wo Fat and the Yakuza that put her in danger so she had to fake her death. And that is why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

32. Shelbourne is Steve McGarrett’s older, half brother. Once he is revealed and after he meets up with Steve & the team, he disappears again. Tom Selleck plays the older, half brother.
    : )

33. avatar Tesse23 says:

I think a spider is Shelbourne because spiders are ugly and have long legs. And that is why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

34. avatar Ronda says:

I think Steve’s Mom is Shelborne, because of he way she “died”. I think Wo-fat is scared of her because she knew something sinister, and the car bombing was supposed to be Jack as a threat to her to keep her mouth shut. That is why the kids were almost immediately shipped off.
    If she resurfaced, she would destroy Wo-fat.

What a twist that would be huh?

35. avatar Cathy says:

I think that its Steve’s dad, brother and that Steves mum is still alive and Wo Fat knows this

36. avatar Lucia Mariano says:

Eu acho que Shelbourne é pai de Macgarret, que está vivo, e Wo Fat roubou alguns diamantes dele, e agora o pai dele quer que ele reparta os diamantes.

37. avatar Kenna says:

I think Steve’s dad is Shelbourne because Joe was close to him and he wants to protect Steve.

38. avatar Dee- hedwig says:

I think Shelbourne is Joe, because he is the “anonymous” helper that faked the death of Steve’s mom,(which somehow involves another family member like another sister ) faked Makoto death and also is the “secret keeper” of WoFat’s evils. And the that is why WoFat is afraid of Shelbourne.

39. avatar Lisa Effler says:

I think John McGarrett is Shelbourne because he is Wo Fat’s dad and found that out during his investigation of corruption in HPD. Wo Fat isn’t afraid of him or Steve, but is looking for revenge on John abandoning him and his mom to go back to the US to raise his family (Steve and Mary).

40. avatar Steph says:

I think Dr. Gabrielle Asano is Shelbourne because she’s actually buried all the secrets to Steve’s past at the Shelburne Museum, scattered over 1400 acres of historic ground in Vermont. The secrets are safe because Wo Fat is allergic to maple syrup. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

41. avatar Lynnette says:

I think Hetty from NCIS-LA is Shellbourne, because it would make a fantastic cross-over since Kensie was the only who read John McG’s lips and first gave us: da da dah da … Shellbourne … Hetty might be a little wisp of a thing, but she’s an enigma…and that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shellbourne!

42. avatar Gary says:

I find it hard to believe that Wo Fat would be afraid of Steve’s mom… but it is interesting that the killing Steve’s dad could have been faked but Steve buried his father.. I would hope he saw the body… Shelbourne is someone or something we have not met or seen yet? I would also like to comment that the Wo Fat story line in the new H50 is a little too much… for two seasons… If this show is to continue it should slow down… I also believe Steve should be more in charge instead of everyone going off in different directions doing their own thing..

• avatar officer808 says:

Aloha Gary…I think the pacing of Wo Fat is fine, surely Steve will catch up to him, but at some point there will be a game changer that resets the rules for chasing Wo Fat. By the way, I think the team does fine when they investigate, Steve doesn’t seem to have to micromanage everyone’s movements.

43. avatar NurseBrak says:

I think Steve’s mom is Shelbourne because there’s no way a tv writer kills someone with a car bomb if they don’t think they might want to bring them back at some point. She’s a criminal mastermind who faked her death to keep Wo Fat away from her kids and she’s been gunning for Wo Fat ever since. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

44. avatar Jays says:

I think a variety of people are/have been Shelbourne because they hold some key of evidence Wo Fat doesn’t want to get out. This could mean Joe is Shelburne now. Steve’s father was Shelburne before. And Steve will be Shelburne next. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

45. avatar Denise Wilson says:

I think Steve’s sister, Mary, is Shellbourne because she was way too good at finding information from the parts of the champ box she had seen during her last visit. That’s also why she got kidnapped back then (because she was Shellbourne not because she was nosy). She and WoFat dated at one time and WoFat talked in his sleep and spilled all of his secrets, including how he had Steve and Mary’s mom and then their dad killed which Shellbourne/Mary now knows. She created the Shellbourne persona in order to destroy WoFat for what he did to their family. And, that’s why WoFat is afraid of Shellbourne.

46. avatar Lynnette says:

I also think Kamekona is Shelburne because he has a very secretive side, he has a hidden trailer full of guns and ammo and he’s rather large and could easily squish whoever he decided to sit on – and THAT’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelburne! Ta DAh!

47. avatar Tammy says:

I think Koji Ishikawa is shelbourne becouse,
    he might have been a superiour of Wo Fat and faked his death, and Wo Fat might be affraid of him becouse Wo Fat has been sloppy and leaves trails to him or something else, and now Koji wants to get rid of him.

48. avatar Chris says:

I think Dean Winchester is Shelbourne because he is a BAMF who went to Hell and came back…..Ooops! Wait wrong obsession! Uh, where am I? Oh yeah, I think John McG is Shelbourne because even though he ALMOST died when he was shot, he decided to fake his death to work undercover to enact his revenge on the person who killed his wife. And who would want to get in the way of a “dead” PO’d cop with nothing to loose! And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

49. avatar Nyte says:

I think Wolverine (played by the rather attractive Hugh Jackman) is Shelburne and the scares Wo Fat because having two ticked off Aussies after him, both of whom have huge fan followings, would make him far too easy to be written out of the series… and this is all based on the hidden copy of X Men that was in the Champ Toolbox that we never saw, but which was there, thus being the perfect red herring for Lenkov to write in… And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

50. avatar Christa Williams says:

I think Shelbourne is McGarett’s Mom. Because I believe she was some kind of CIA operative in Asia and was working undercover investigating Wo Fat. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne. :)

51. avatar keri westfall says:

I think McGarrett’s mom is Shelbourne because she is a very high and powerful woman with lots of man power and Wo Fat is trying to intimidate her by going after her son and husband. Nothing is scarier than a presumed dead woman with POWER. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

52. avatar Tiffany_linn says:

I think Shelboure is John McGarrett because I think Victor Hesse was actually working for him as a spy in WoFat’s camp and used Hesse to fake his death. I think that is why Hesse shanked McGarrett in prison to help him escape. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

53. avatar Joyce T says:

I don’t think it was said that Shelbourne was one person or even a person. I may be wrong. It could be the code name for the investigation John McGarrett was doing for Makoto. Makoto did say to Steve that he looked like his father. Maybe John, Doris and Makoto are all still alive.

54. avatar Lana T says:

I think Steve’s dad is Shelbourne because when he got shot in season 1, we never actually saw him get shot, we only heard a gun shot when Steve was talking on the phone. His dad had all that information about his mom’s death and I think it all implicates Wo Fat. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

55. avatar josh stephens says:

I think Doris McGarrett is Shelbourne because she has seen him personally commit murders a can Identify him. I beleive Joe hid her in Japan kind of like witness protection. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

56. avatar Melanie says:

I think Kamekona is Shelbourne because he is well connected, has weapons galore, and knows about things that no one else seem to know.

Wo Fat knows that if he messes with Kamekona, he also messes with Kamekona’s family. And when you’re from Hawaii, you know that family extends from your spouse, father, mother, sisters, brothers, to your aunties, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, to your friends and beyond. That’s practically the entire island of Oahu right there.

…And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

57. avatar Kathy Lynn says:

I think Shelbourne is Iron Chef Morimoto. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

58. avatar Cass says:

I think Steve’s grandfather wasn’t killed at Pearl Harbor and is Shelbourne because the secret crosses between Japan and Hawaii.

59. avatar Dannogirl says:

I think it Steve brother

60. avatar Monique says:

I think Joe White is Shelbourne and that He is Steve McGarretts real Dad. Why did the supposedly Senior Mcgarrett mention Shelbourne and Joe gets ambushed by Wo Fat. Me thinks, Shelbourne (Joe) knows everyones secrets that is why Wo Fat fears him

61. avatar Benita Lee says:

I think the Chairman of Kitchen Stadium is Shelbourne because only he knows tonight’s secret ingredient and he has an army of Iron Chefs to help him do battle against upstart challengers. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

62. avatar Christine says:

I think Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, and Bruno Tonioli are members of a secret elite force, code named Shelbourne. This elite force has a hand in the fates of the strong, powerful, and well known influential people they come up against. No one is immune from the will of this team. And that is why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

63. avatar Kathy Lynn says:

Oops, format malfunction. It should have said…

I think Shelbourne is Iron Chef Morimotoo because he’s seen what he can do to a lobster. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

64. avatar Andrea says:

I think that the new Governor is Shelbourne… maybe he knows much more of the business former governor did with Steve’s dad and Wo Fat than we thought, so that’s why Wo Fat is affraid.
    And BTW, Steve’s dad is Jack, as a hommage to Jack Lord (the first Steve McGarrett), you can read that in some interviews…

65. avatar Sylvia says:

I think McGarrets father would be Shelbourne. Maybe he is still alive!

66. avatar Jxlew says:

I think Shelbourne is Kamekona :D he knows too much from the old days , pls don’t judge a book by its cover , Kamekona may look like hes about to die walking 10 miles but deep inside — DEEP DEEP DEEEEEEEP INSIDE , he’s as powerful as a… … Lion ? Or what’s powerful ..? Anywayyyyy , and that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne d:

67. avatar LisaLisa98 says:

I think Justin Bieber is Shelbourne because he makes you say Baby, Baby, Baby, Ohhhhhhh…like Baby, Baby, Baby, Nooooooooo…and Nooow he’s Gone. (Yeah Yeah Yeah.)
    And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne…and a Belieber!

68. avatar Keith says:

I think Jacob is Shelbourne because the Smoke Monster “Barry” took Joe White’s body (formally Jeremy Bentham, who’s actually John “Don’t tell me what I can’t do!!!” Locke…) and he’s trying to “save” Steve just like he tried to do w/ Richard Alpert. Plus Jin is trying to make things work w/ his wife, Ben is using the machine to make lists of people for Jesus to find, Kamekona’s working at Alcatraz now…. It’s just crazy. I mean, Steve needs answers, The Island’s not done w/ us yet, It’s not Penny’s boat, Wo Fat’s busy thinking up secret ingredients, so much going on! Plus we still need to flash back, forward, & sideways… Time travel… Push the button… Spin the frozen donkey wheel to move the island… Blow up the submarine… Swim down to the Looking Glass… Read Of Mice and Men… and find the glowing light so he can drink the holy water and become the leader of The Island. Steve just doesn’t realize what he’s getting himself into!!! Joe White does…Plus, Jacob doesn’t mess w/ free will. I mean, he really doesn’t need to since he already knows what’s gonna happen… And THAT’S why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

That all made perfect sense, righ… KATE DAMMIT, RUN!!!

69. avatar Dee- hedwig says:

I think Kensi (Daniella Ruah) is shelbourne ..as daughter of a military man ,whom was a friend of McGarrett Sr, and a witness to something WoFat was involved with..thus his questionable death. Kensi was left with evidence from her dad (not to her knowledge) and that is why WoFat is afraid of Shelbourne.

OR

I think Daniella Ruah is shelbourne because she looked white “hot” at SOTB and she gave exclusive Q&A to or Officer Bob in Portuguese (the one language which WoFat CANNOT speak) The secret message in Portguese revealed the crossover episode of H5o and NCISLA Well before the rest of the H50 team, NCIS LA, or Peter Lenkov!!!was alerted- and thus WoFat missing this key piece of spoilery – Wofat is afraid of Shlebourne (and what other spoilers Daniella knows!

70. avatar Jessica says:

I think Jack f*cking Bauer is Shelbourne because c’mon guys, he knows it all and guns don’t kill terrorists, Jack does. I would also say Tony Almeida could possibly be Shelbourne, but his real problem is with Chin, so no. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

71. avatar ga_unicorn says:

Shelbourne used to be John McGarrett, but the duty fell to Joe White after John’s death. Steve doesn’t know it yet, but he’s next in line. Shelbourne never ends, and that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

72. avatar Fifilla says:

I think Professor McGonagall is Shelbourne because
    she is Steve’s mom who didn’t die in the car bomb but faked her death and changed her name (McGonagall – McGarrett, see the similarity? ;-) Old spy rule, stay as close as possible to the truth!). Besides she not only can kick ass with her wand but she’s also an animagus who can morph herself into a cat.
    And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne (because he’s allergic to cats).

73. avatar McS says:

I think Wo Fat’s wife is Shelbourne because she knows all his intimate and dirty secrets (and really what man is not secretly afraid of his wife?). And thats why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne

• avatar officer808 says:

Played by Tia Careers?

• avatar McS says:

Thought exactly the same,if you mean Tia Carrere. I actually want to see her as Shelburne, but as Steve’s half-sister! Saw an earlier writing of yours about her wanting to be Wo Fat and thought she would be the perfect Anti-Wo Fat.

• avatar officer808 says:

Yeah she said that to an entertainment reporter. Peter Lenkov met with her a few months ago. Usually Peter tweeting about meet ups like this usually results in the actor being cast in the show.

• avatar McS says:

I believe Shelburne will and should be Asian and if male my money is on George Takei. Also because he expressed his desire to be and the show. Either of them will be awesome!

• avatar officer808 says:

Oh and yes, Carere. My autocorrect seems to disagree on the spelling of her last name.

74. avatar sam says:

I think “The One Armed Man” is Shelburne because he’s just as elusive and come on guys he can kill with just ONE arm. And that is why WoFat is afraid of Shelburne.

75. avatar westcosta79 says:

Looks like I’m a little late to the party (but hopefully not too late). Here goes;

I think the ghost of Jack Lord is Shelbourne because he can still pack a mean snap of his fingers and the CFCs in all the hair products he continues to use in the afterlife distributes so many toxins in the air that it can suffocate anyone who comes near him, even if he is a ghost. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

76. avatar Sally Amelotti says:

I think “Santa Claus” is Shellbourne because, Santa Claus knows when you are sleeping, awake and if you have been bad. Wo Fat will never be good and that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shellbourne. (code name for Santa Claus while he vacations and rests up in Hawaii}. Wo Fat will never get any presents at this rate of evil.

77. avatar five0phan says:

I thik Betty White is Shelburne because she is a bad ass 90 year old ninja whos been pulling Wo Fats puppet strings from the beginning. She is Steves Grandmama and is getting ready to strike with her bad ass skills and tear crime up in Oahu.And that is why WoFat is afraid of Shelburne.

I believe that Steve’s mother, Doris McGarrett, is Shelburne because she and Hiro Noshimuri may be the parents of Wo Fat and that is why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelburne. Steve McGarrett may be a half brother of Wo Fat, sharing the same mother. Joe White helped John McGarrett faked Doris McGarrett’s death and also helped Hiro Noshimuri faked his death. Both Doris McGarrett and Hiro Noshimuri are alive and living in Japan. That is why Joe White went to Japan twice, according to episode 213.

I would love a copy of the Australian GQ magazine with Alex O’Loughlin on the cover.

79. avatar Keira says:

I think the missing racehorse Shergar who was stolen in Ireland on feb 8th 1983, incidentally 3 days before I was born- not connected, is Shelbourne, because I’m in the UK and have no clue about the Shelbourne story line as we’re only on episode 2, season 2. But Woo Fat was one of the masked gun men who stole Shergar and kept him hidden in a under ground bunker with a time lock entrance in Hawaii (not point fingers but we all know someone who has a pad like that….)And after many years (lets not count how many years as that will reveal my age……………………………..I said DONT)of being forced to eat spam and cheese and pickle sandwiches, (thats Spam, and separate cheese and pickle sandwiches, not all together, cos that would be weird) Shergar/Shelbourne snuck out (nope not sure how a horse sneaks out) and started a 1-horse campaign of equine style revenge on all those who held him captive. This is why Woo Fat is scared of him, cos lets face it, horses don’t even have opposable thumbs so he is pulling some kinda tricks being able to use a gun….I for one wouldn’t wanna mess with a rampaging horse.

Might wanna check your lock on your bunker mate…..just saying

xx

80. avatar Bernie says:

I thing Shelbourne is a place which contains links to Wo Fats past, his rise to the head of the gang. The reason he scared is that there are people there (relatives?) who in his culture and dispite their age, still have the ability and means to make a leadership change. To retain leadership he maybe forced to kill that person or people.

81. avatar Janet says:

I think that Kheigh Deigh (the actor who played Wo Fat in the original H5-0) is Shellburn. He was a “red Chinese” agent and both men know what happens to agents who fail to sucessfully complete their assignments, eliminate McGarrett.This is why Wo Fat is afraid of Shellburn.

82. avatar Janet says:

Officer Bob, this contest is a great idea. I’m enjoying reading all the clever and thought-provoking ideas.Thank you for providing all of us 5-0 fans with this fun opportunity to participate in the mystery. I’m really looking forward to Monday’s episode for all to be revealed, but I think I’m loooking forward to Tues. just as much to read your write-up and everyones’ comments.

83. avatar Melanie says:

I think Fryer is Shelbourne because WHEN Wo Fat goes to prison, Fryer will call the Warden and enroll Wo Fat in the “Psycho of the Week Program”.

*shivering*

And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

84. avatar Jim says:

I agree with a previous poster that Shelbourne will be Steve McGarrett’s grandfather who will obviously NOT have been killed in Pearl Harbor attack, He will have been a CIA agent with knowledge of Wo Fat’s family and background over 70 years that is a threat to Wo Fat and he will be played be Ed Asner whose H50 appearance was reported either here or on another site recently….special guest star as OLD Steve McGarrett’s current wife…MARY TYLER MOORE!!

85. avatar sockie says:

I think Kamekona is Shelbourne, because he makes shrimp flavored tofu. And that’s why the iron chef is araid of Shelbourne. ;)

86. avatar sockie says:

Ok, apparently, I cannot type. So, let’s try this again.

I think Kamekona is Shelbourne because he makes shrimp flavored tofu. And that’s why the Chairman of Iron Chef is afraid of Shelbourne.

87. avatar mickmcgarrett says:

I think Shelburne is code name for McGarrett’s..umm “package” and it’s way bigger than wofat’s and that’w why wofat is afraid of shelburne. Hence the name of this week’s episode Pu’ulo ( the package). Joint entry from me and ess270, as inspired by Ess_Spi.. (really Terrysagirl made us do it)

88. avatar Melanie says:

I think Alex Smith is Shelbourne because just when you thought you got him beat, Smith finally rises up in the last minutes for the win. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

(For the record, I wish the Saints won.)

89. avatar Sally Amelotti says:

I think the Father of Hiro Noshimori, Grandfather to Adam Noshimori is Shellbourne, because he has ties to the Yacuza and can get to Wo Fat so easily that he would have no where to run or hide to get away from him. Also Hiro wa the only one who knew Shellbourne was a person he just didn’t say it was his Dad. Wo Fat doesn’t know who to trust in Japan or Hawaii now.

90. avatar Sutton O says:

I think Steve McGarrett is Shelbourne because he kicks butt and takes names! Why wouldn’t wo fat be afraid of him? Plus, Joe obviously knows who it is but isn’t telling Steve to protect him. We all saw Wo Fat run away in terror once 5-0 saved mcgarrett after wo fat took him. Just saying ;)

91. avatar Danielle O says:

He is a doctor that knows the true identity of Wo fat….as Steve’s step brother ta ta taaaaa lol

92. avatar Melanie says:

I think my kids are Shelbourne because Wo Fat wouldn’t stand a chance against six- and two-year old girls. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

93. avatar Melanie says:

I think Danny’s hair is Shelbourne because no matter what you throw at it, his hair stays in tact and unharmed! And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

94. avatar ileimohala says:

I think that the Chairman’s Uncle is Shelbourne because he is still upset about Wo Fat losing a very important secret ingredient. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

95. avatar Diana (@PrincessDi1982) says:

Well lets just say this is a very tricky tricky question! Well I have 2 thoughts.

I think Shelbourne is Steve McGarrett’s Mom. I mean what if she didn’t really die in a car bomb & got sent to a Protection program in Japan. I mean if Steve’s Mom is alive, he’ll be happy & then he’ll have tons of questions to ask.

Or

What if Shelbourne is Steve’s relative he never known & never met (Maybe a Half-Brother before McGarrett’s Parents were married) & his dad never told him about. Now that would be a real shocker!!

Oh I hope I win Alex O’Loughlin!!! And If I do, send him to me!! It’ll be the perfect early birthday present for someone who is about to turn 30 next Tuesday! Yep, I’ll be turning that age!! Yikes!!!!!!!

96. I think Khigh Dheigh, the original Wo Fat, is Shelbourne because Khigh Dheigh was a more convincing Wo Fat (despite being born Kenneth Dickerson) than the current Wo Fat. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

97. avatar Sally says:

I think Steve’s mom is Shelbourne because it’s a person from his past, someone with family ties and we never know if anyone actually identified her body when the car bomb exploded. Any woman who would leave her children would have to do so for something big like being the head of a syndicate for illegal activities. That kind of person would be seen as someone who would do any thing to any one at any time. She has most likely lived a life of ruthless activity and it’s possible that her gender and identity have been kept from the people who work for her and the unknown is why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

98. avatar catscrazyx3 (Sharon) says:

I think ole Shelburne is Wo Fats dad! He raised him with an iron fist & was shocked to find out that his son took that upbringing to Iron Chef America as a sideline to make more money! Ole papa bear was non to pleased to hear this & is calling is son to take him to task about it. Joe White has been going to Japan to see if he can restart Iron Chef over there so he can fake Wo Fats death, get him sent to Japan under his fathers watchful eye & thus Wo Fat will stay out of McGarretts hair!!!!!:) Wo Fat has no idea this is going on! He thinks he’s being chased by Col. Hosseneffer! ( Remember him? Then name we first wanted to callu Joe White until Peter Lenkov put the kybosh on that great idea!!:) So that’s my theory & I’m sticking to it!!:)

99. avatar Alex says:

I think Mary Ann is Shelbourne because she’s never around. She is a Black Widow who is the head of the white smuggling ring coming out of Hawaii. Wo Fat missed several shipment and she is going to get him..and that’s why Wo Fat is scared of Shelbourne.

100. avatar Melanie says:

I think the Energizer Bunny is Shelbourne because it keeps going and going and going…it’s unstoppable! And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

101. avatar Erin says:

I think Chuck Norris is Shelburne because who he can take Wo Fat out with a single roundhouse kick to the face. And thats why Wo Fat is scared of Shelburne.

102. avatar Overdamoon says:

From a comment that Terrysagirl left on your Shelburne dissection, I have a hunch that Shelburne is a mastermind behind a computer program, sorta like Mr. Finch in Person of Interest. :) You see, he could be the one who created a malicious computer code or he’s the code itself. And Wo Fat had commissioned Shelburne to do some hacking for him, the computer virus has infected a bunch of other programs and now threatens to turn on its host, Wo Fat. That’s why Wo Fat is very afraid of Shelburne. :D

103. avatar Manu says:

I think Shelburne might be Steve’s mum! She might not have died in the car crash and now needs protection from Woo-fat.

104. avatar SabrinaC52 says:

I think that Wo Fat’s older brother is Shelburn because who isn’t afraid of their big brother? He probably had Wo Fat do all the dirty work and business with Steve’s father and the old governer. Wo Fat probably messed up his brother’s plan to take over Hawaii so now Wo Fat’s brother is after him and now Wo Fat is trying to run away and kill everyone that was connected to the plan.

105. avatar Sara Gunderson says:

I think Steve’s mom is Shelbourne because both Shelbourne and Joe are protecting Steve and keeping him from finding out. Shelbourne was/is a kick-ass undercover government agent who got too close to something really big. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

106. avatar Leslie says:

I think Shelburne is Kensi’s dad, Kensi & Joe know one and other, kensi is looking for info on her dad and Wo Fat is afraid of Kensi’s dad because Kensi & Steve are brother & sister and Wo Fat could no longer hide on Iron Chef America, cause Kensi might end up being a judge and take him down, make him the “special” ingredient.

107. avatar Kathy says:

I don’t have a clue who Shelbourne is but I don’t think it is Steve’s mother. What kind of a mother could disappear and go into hiding to protect herself and let her children suffer with thinking she was dead and growing up motherless????

108. avatar Kandi Bauer says:

I think Doris McGarrett is Shelbourne because she knows something about Wo Fat and his past that could really do harm to him And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

109. avatar Sally Amelotti says:

I think Patrick, (SpongeBob’s friend), is Shellbourne, because he knows how to get to “Shell City” and what happens to you when you get there. Wo Fat doesn’t want to be captured by Patrick, SpongeBob and Squidword to be hung-up and dried out and sold for a souvenir, or given to Steve McGarrett for a paper weight on his desk. That is why Wo Fat is afraid of Shellbourne.

110. avatar Monica B. says:

I think Jack Lord is Shelbourne because, like Elvis, he never really died & is in a Witness Protection program. Whilst in hiding he has been observing the revamped H50 series & is pissed that he never got to knock-off the original Wo Fat & now seeks to ax the current Wo Fat (Junior) who, to Jack, looks a lot like HIS old Nemesis & is likely “The Son of Wo Fat”. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

111. avatar Teresea says:

I think it would be a nice nod to the original if say Joe IS SHELBOURNE BECAUSE of the circuitry; that he was ‘moving’ Doris as a protected witness; that she knows who is SHELBOURNE; that Shelbourne is the Asian theatre spymaster, as the original McG was proffered to the original Wo Fat as Control (Though Control was never is’d); that Wo Fat is more than a turned agent; AND THAT’S WHY WO FAT IS AFRAID OF SHELBOURNE.

112. avatar LisaLisa98 says:

I think a Can of SPAM is Shelbourne because it could kill McGarrett (or so he might think). Also Kamekona’s already hawkin’ it like there’s a hurricane in Hawaii and Kamekona’s got all the inside tips. Plus I have yet to hear that the Chairman made it a Secret Ingredient.
    And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

113. avatar GIna says:

I really think Shelbourne is Steve’s mom. She was a CIA agent and they had to pretend to kill her off because she knew too much about Woo Fat, the Governor and how they supported the drug and gun trade.

OR Steve’s mom or the Governor had a love baby with Woo Fat and Shelbourne is hiding the child.

114. avatar Lenore says:

Perhaps Shelburn is the entire McGarrett family, starting with Grandpa McG that goes back to a secret military op. that could possibly distory WoFat’s family and that is why he is afraid of Shelburn.

115. avatar Monica B. says:

I think Jenna Kaye’s boyfriend is Shelbourne because he was an inside operative who was assigned to protect Doris McGarrett. When he failed in that duty, Wo Fat hunted him down but loverboy managed to escape the Wo -man’s clutches (both Wo Fat’s and Jenna’s). Jenna’s fiance, armed with an arsenal of incriminating evidence against Wo Fat that could put him away longer than counting the zero’s at the end of the US National Debt, has been lurking in the shadows and watching Wo Fat’s moves, and that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

116. avatar Monica B. says:

I think Grace Williams is Shelbourne because she is really a “Spy Kid” and that’s why we haven’t seen her so far this Season. Honing her lethal weapon skills training in New Jersey , while looking disarmingly cute in pigtails and Justin Bieber onesies, Wo Fat stands a good chance of being caught and forced to wear pink in prison while serving as someone’s ‘lil b*tch, and that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

117. avatar Monica B. says:

I think Peter Lenkov is Shelbourne because, as Executive Producer of Hawaii Five 0, he can ax Wo Fat from the storyline faster than the air popping out of a freshly opened can of SPAM. And like the great filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, Lenkov will make a fleeting appearance on S2.Ep14, causing DVRs across the planet to launch into slow-mo forward, backward, & still mode. And that’s why Wo-Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.

118. avatar Monica B. says:

I think Tim Tebow is Shelbourne because he is really the half-brother of Steve McGarrett, the result of an early daliance Doris McGarrett, a preacher’s daughter, had while a teenager. Raised by a childless couple from her hometown church, Tebow desires justice be served on his biological mother’s killer and vows to make sure that, when caught, Wo Fat will be “Tebowing” for years in prison. And that’s why Wo Fat is afraid of Shelbourne.