September 25th, 2012 by melapaloosa
Cath never thought she’d have to “meet the patents”… or explain her’s and Steven’s sex life… Oops!
Hi guys! Welcome back! It’s been a few months and I’ve missed yakking with you guys about Hawaii Five-0, which seems to have come back with guns and emotions blazing! We finally get to meet the mysterious Shelborne – aka Momma McGarrett – and found out along with Steve that everything he thought his young life was, was a lie. And don’t get me started on Chin’s agonizing moments or I might start crying. All in all, an entertaining episode that even had Twitter trending with fan’s observations!
So lets get back down to the brass tacks. The good, the not so good and the hilarious….
– Steven McGarrett and his FACE after seeing Doris McGarrett! There we see Alex O’s wonderful ability to go from the steely-eyed determination of a SEAL, to the vulnerable, little lost boy that we all want to cuddle.
– Doris McGarrett. You got to admit she was well cast with Christine Lahti. She had the right amount of subtle badassery that we could believe that she was a spy for the Company (although we don’t know if it was CIA or not, but I bet it was) and a mother’s ability to simultaneously break down emotional walls and embarrass the hell out of her son. I’m with Kamekona – I want pictures of Warrior Stevie in his camo footie PJs.
– Wo Fat’s escape. Extremely cool to watch, hilariously ridiculous at the same time. I think somewhere, Daniel Craig was watching that with a beer in hand and said in his most cultured, suave voice, “Did our franchise just get stolen?” That was straight out of the 007 handbook.
– Chin Ho Kelly made me tear up a little. We knew it was going to happen, but seeing him grieve his Malia wasn’t any easier to watch. I’m glad they gave him some really meaty scenes to chew on and he handled them beautifully.
– Danny still fighting for Grace. I am so very happy to see that Rachel’s ring tone has changed back to something evil, and Danny isn’t being lead around by the nose with her anymore.
– Delano’s talent for scheming is unparalleled. Seriously, how does a dirty ex-cop think up and execute these high risk operations in broad daylight and get away with it? I’m actually a little sorry to see him go.
– Adam Noshimuri – STOP BEING SO AWESOME, man! If you don’t love Adam, there is something wrong with you.
– Cargument – Look at that, Doris McG can handle a cargument all on her own. Although she had absolutely NO right to tell Danny anything on parenting, because she most definitely won’t be winning the Mother of the Year award any time soon, seeing her put Danny in his place like a ten year old, and hearing *Steven* agree was hilarious, as usual. Stay in the backseat, Danno. The McGarretts are driving this car.
– Catherine – you are still wonderful. Capable and snarky are always a good combination in my leading ladies. And she can more than handle herself on her own against the badguys.
– Chin pulls a Magnum PI on Delano. Plan on repercussions of that to hit somewhere down the line.
– Steven and his “Boo boo” slip. I actually don’t know if that was a pro or a con, but it was kind of a horrifying term of endearment, there, Stevie.
– I know the show is constantly trying to out-do itself with the big action scenes, but the 007 helicopter claw was pushing the envelope. I think someone would have noticed a chopper carrying am armored car around like one of those plushie claw games at the arcade. If they have Steve commandeer a harrier jet to chase down Wo Fat, I quit.
– Doris letting Wo Fat go. That smelled very ripe, Show. As long as we don’t get some storyline that Wo Fat is Doris’ love child (as some fan suggested) I’m willing to see how she’s connected to him. I’m betting she was undercover with daddy Wo Fat at some point and then had to off him. Just don’t make it a soap opera.
The verdict: Solid A Strong story lines and nicely tied up the loose threads from last season with a lot of emotional power for your punch.
Talk to me, guys. What did you think of 3.01?